Preparations for the 2017 Ken & Ces Ditchfield Memorial Meeting are well underway. This meeting promises to be bigger and better than last year, and YOUR NOT GONNA WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!!
Saturday 1st April & Sunday 2nd April. *** MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDAR NOW!!!! ***
2017 Ken and Ces Memorial PROSPECTUS
I hope your ready for the Ken & Ces ditchfield Memorial Meeting!!
The next Busy bee is scheduled for the 12th March 10 – 3 pm. Lunch and water provided. Canteen will be open for drinks and snacks.
If you haven’t done last years busy bees, or want to get your 2017 busy bees started or just want to make our club the best it can be… we hope to see you there!!
Just a note if important jobs ie tyres are not completed unfortunately the 19th March race day may not go ahead.
To do List
* Tech Screw all Tyre’s into stacks
* Far pit area leaves need to be collected
* Wiring on track needs to be fixed
* Out Grid Marking
* Speakers need to be fixed and put in the wash bay
* General Tidy up
* Rubber needs to be removed – awaiting to see if Wagin wants it
* Fridges to be moved
* Closing of freezer bbq area
* Car needs to be removed
* Playground see below list
* Gutter needs to be fixed
* Disabled toilet power needs to be fixed- needs breaker
* Light needs to be fixed where fridges are ( new lights in shed)
* Door Lock for disabled toilet to be fixed
* Paving around pits to stop puddles and tripping hazards use the spare ones around.
* Exhaust fans need to be fitted canteen ceiling under vent
*Check Air conditioning in canteen
Things to bring
* Rakes , gloves, trailers.shovels.
* An Electrician would be handy
* Tech guns and screws
* Re level ground
* Collect limestone blocks from Adam Haines
* String line needs to be laid
* Lay Limestone bricks for wall
Things we need – donations are appreciated
* Limestone blocks
* Bunnings playground
* Synthetic grass
* 2 roller old go karts
* seating for the older kids – picnic table
* Steel to make naughts and crosses
* Sand for sand pit
To encourage a family environment and to keep our kids occupied (ha ha) we believe this is a great project and a great opportunity to make this club more inviting and enjoyable. A big thank you to Karen Kawjuski for organising this project.
If anyone would like to contribute to this playground please let us know.
Please come down and support your club. Hope to see you there
🏁 THANK YOU MEMBERS 🏁
Thank you to all of the members that braved the heat and did their bit for our club today.
It was full steam ahead getting the place back up to scratch ready for the season ahead.
The place is looking fantastic again, however there is still a few jobs to be done.
Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
🏁 HELP THOSE THAT HELP THE CLUB 🏁
Janssens Transport service have come onboard as this years Rookie 1 Class Sponsor.
Managing Directors Brett and Peter Janssen decided that Brett’s children Callum and Braydn who compete in Rookie 1 and Midgets respectively couldn’t have all the fun.
Brett is joining the ranks in KT Heavy this year. Peter is always there crewing and showing support.
Located in Byford, Peter and Brett can assist with all of your Container and General Transport needs! Get in touch with them today.
•Stay tuned for the next Class Sponsor•
Attention all members
Just to remind you that we have our first Busy bee on the Sunday 19th of February.
If you haven’t completed your compulsory 2016 busy bees or this a chance to get 1 busy bee out of the way for 2017 this day is for you..
It is going to be a big day so the more members who can attend the better. The club looks run down and unwelcoming. So we really need a big turn out.
Time 8.30 to 3.30
* Big Tidy/Clean up of all areas
* Pull fence down around Playground
* Remove Broken Playground.
* Trim Trees on fence-line around Playground
* Clean up area for New playground
* Ute needs to be removed
* Water tank on back of Ute needs to be taken to machinery shed
* Work on conveyor belt
* Whipper snippering and mowing of grass
* If track is ready tyres will be needed to be sorted
* Clean gutters in canteen area
* Clear wood from behind canteen as white ants through it and tidy area
* Sort out outside fridge area in Canteen area looks a mess.
Items to bring
Brooms , Shovels , Rakes, Gloves
Lawn Mowers, Ride on mowers, Whipper snippers,
Trailers , wheelbarrows,
Any equipment that you think we will use.
Any weed killer that you may have spare
Lunch and drinks will be provided,
The canteen will also be open to purchase sandwiches and drinks.
The grounds need a huge clean up so please make yourselves available,There will be an hour at the end of the busy bee for clean up of own pit bays. We would prefer this is not done during the day as our priority is to make our club welcoming to our members and visitors.
It is important to get all this list done so we can then plan for future busy Bees
See you at the track
Don’t forget Nominations are open for the position of DTKC president and will close 19th February at 4pm sharp. The special meeting will be held for the voting of this position will be held on the education day 26th February.
Hope you all enjoy the new website
Thanks to Darren Cartright, Trent Alers, Warren Joyce, Claire De Vene and Matt Morton for allowing the use of their video footage and pictures.
We are looking for sponsors for class trophies for the whole year.
Please contact Mel firstname.lastname@example.org for more information